There are a few rules that must be observed when purchasing a .realtor™ domain name as an individual member of NAR or CREA.
Domain Name Registration Rules
- You must include at least your first or last name in your domain name.
- Your first or last name must be directly before the .realtor™ domain suffix.
- Your middle name must be used with your first or last name.
- You may use a nickname in place of your first name. Over 1 million common names are recognized in our system.
- Appropriate words or letters may be used before your name.
- Numbers may be used before or after your name.
Here are a few examples of permissible domain names for an example member named Robert John Doe.
- robert.realtor - (First name)
- doe.realtor - (Last name)
- johndoe.realtor - (Middle and last name)
- bob.realtor - (Nickname)
- buywithrobert.realtor - (Words before name)
- 216robert.realtor - (Numbers before name)
- robert216.realtor - (Numbers after name)
You can be creative with your domain as long as it adheres to the naming and usage rules listed above.
My first or last name or a word or phrase is not accepted when trying to register a domain.
We use a word filter to prevent abuse of the .realtor™ domain. Sometimes our filter flags valid names, words, or phrases and requires a manual review of the domain name. If you believe that your name or a word or phrase you're trying to use with your domain has been incorrectly flagged, please contact us and request a manual review of the domain name.
My nickname is not recognized when trying to register a domain.
If your nickname is not recognized by our search tool, please contact us and request a manual review of the domain name.